The Language Certification Department is currently responsible for developing and managing language assessments, including the City & Guilds International English Qualifications.
You will take responsibility for the production of examination papers and the development of new language testing schemes. This includes managing an international team of item writers, examiners and external consultants, as well as other related administrative responsibilities.
- Production of English language assessments
- Development of new English language qualifications
- Managing the English language test development team
- Producing support material for users of the English Language qualifications
- Taking part in consultations on assessment revision
- First Degree in English, Linguistics, Applied English Linguistics, TESOL or a related discipline
- Diploma-level professional ESOL qualification (e.g. Cambridge DELTA or Trinity LTCL)
- Masters Degree in Applied English Linguistics, English Language Assessment or a related discipline
- English language competence at a very high level (C2+ in the Common European Framework)
- Minimum 8 years of relevant ESOL experience, including experience in a senior position
- Excellent knowledge of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- ECDL Certificate
- Experience of ELT materials writing and/or editing
- Experience in managing people and resources
- Work experience with language assessment
- Experience of training English teachers
To apply for this position, in confidence, please send your résumé via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the reference code (PDOL001).