IT Security Architects are technical specialists responsible for designing cyber resilience solutions and experts in security models, software, tools and standards (e.g. RESILIA, TOGAF, COBIT). They advance organizational cyber resilience through solutions that allow for secure but convenient access to information, and which comply with best practices and any regulatory mandates. Solutions include for example, identity and access management, threat and vulnerability management, mobile security and encryption technologies. Security Architects will stay abreast of industry security trends and developments, as well as applicable government regulations.
- Create and maintain the enterprise security architecture design
- Identify cyber risks specific to information systems
- Design and embed cyber resilience solutions to mitigate cyber risks
- Develop system capability for restoration after a catastrophic failure event
- Defines initiatives within the cyber resilience strategic roadmap
- Monitor technology and external developments.
Potential Next Steps
Chief Information Security Officer.
How to get there
AXELOS professional certifications are recognized worldwide by employers as an indicator of your skills and commitment as an ITSM professional.
The following certifications are aimed at practising IT Security Architect and will support your development into more senior ITSM roles: