Privacy Notice for recruitment process
At PeopleCert, your privacy is one of our top priorities! We do everything we can to ensure your rights are preserved and always upheld. Take some time to learn how we process your personal data.
This Privacy Notice describes how companies in the PeopleCert Group with offices including in London, UK, Nicosia, Cyprus, Athens, Greece and Montana, US (together “PeopleCert” or “we”) collect and process personal data in the context of your interest in working with us (hereinafter referred to as the "Application").
In accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and local data protection regulations, PeopleCert acts as a Data Controller for the processing of your personal data.
Categories of personal data
As part of your Application, we collect and further process the information you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided directly by you via email, in person at interviews, through videoconferences and/or by any other method, or information provided indirectly from other sources (e.g., through an online job site). In particular, we process the following personal details:
- Identifying information, such as full name, residential area, eligibility to work at the country of interest
- Contact details, such as postal address, e-mail address, mobile and/or fixed telephone number
- Information concerning your education, professional experience and any certifications or other professional qualifications you have
- Information about military service obligation fulfillment, wherever this obligation might relate to your availability to fulfil the work time requirements
- Information about your general interests
- Video recording in case of asynchronous video interviews
- Other information about you as may be contained in your CV and/or cover letter or in any letters of recommendation related to your professional skills, competences and working preferences
- Additional information about your suitability to work with us in relation to the position to which you apply, such as: working personality assessment and/or foreign language testing.
Legal basis and purposes of the processing
Our priority at PeopleCert is to carefully select people to work with us based on merit criteria and to ensure that they have all the appropriate educational and professional qualifications. We rely on our legitimate interest in meeting our increased and seasonal need for recruitment due to the growth of our company and we collect and process the above personal data that is necessary for the following purposes:
- To consider your application in respect of a role which you have applied for
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process
- To consider your application in respect of other roles relevant to your qualifications and skills as we often post job offers with fixed or similar requirements
- To contact you for available opportunities that may arise in the future
In addition, we take reasonable steps to protect and secure your personal information and we do not process it for any purpose other than the above.
How long we keep your personal data
Information collected during the recruitment process, will be retained by PeopleCert for two (2) years after your application, unless you request deletion. You may submit your request at email@example.com.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- Internally - PeopleCert’s personnel involved in the recruiting and hiring processes (for instance, HR managers, HR team).
- Service Providers - Applicant tracking systems and recruiting software providers, online testing vendors, recruiting agencies, data hosting providers that process data on our behalf to help manage our recruitment process.
PeopleCert has implemented necessary technical, physical, and administrative controls to protect your personal data. We may transfer your data to other entities internationally for the purposes described in this Notice and will take necessary steps to ensure that your data is protected in accordance with applicable law, including through contractual commitments by these entities where required.
We have implemented adequate technical and organizational measures to protect your data against unauthorized, accidental, or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, misuse, disclosure, access, and other unlawful forms of processing. We limit access to your personal data on a genuine business need-to-know basis. PeopleCert personnel accessing your data acts under the internal data protection rules and processes we have in place.
Where PeopleCert engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so based on written instructions, they are under a duty of confidentiality and obliged to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of data. Third parties will only process your personal information in an authorized manner following our instructions.
We inform you that, in accordance with applicable law and in the context of your Application, you may exercise the following rights:
- Right to be informed
- Right of access to your personal data
- Right to request the rectification of any inaccurate information concerning you
- Right to erasure of your personal data (“right to be forgotten”)
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- Right to object
You can exercise any of the above rights by submitting a written request to PeopleCert Data Protection Officer. You may expect a response to such a request within one (1) month after receiving it and, in any case, within two (2) additional months if this is required by the complexity of the request or the number of requests received.
You may address any questions or requests regarding the processing of your personal data, using the following contact details:
- By post attn Data Protection Officer at the following addresses:
- PeopleCert, Athens, Greece (3 Korai Street, 10564)
- PeopleCert, London UK, (192 Sloane St, London SW1X 9QX),
- PeopleCert Nicosia, Cyprus (40 Themistokli Dervi Street, 1066)
- PeopleCert, Montana Office, Pinewood Professional Center, 682 S. Ferguson #5, Bozeman, MT 59718
- By e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that we have not addressed a problem with processing of your personal data, you may lodge a complaint before the data protection authorities in your country.