PRINCE2 2017 Update
Reflecting the changing environment in business practices and following direct community feedback the PRINCE2® Guidance and exams were revised in 2017.
PRINCE2’s overall structure of seven principles, themes and processes remain unchanged.
The main changes to the guidance place a greater emphasis on the following areas:
• Tailoring PRINCE2 to the needs of organisations and project environments
• The principles that underpin PRINCE2
• A greater link between themes and principles
• The restructuring of the ‘Themes’ guidance to accommodate specific examples of tailoring
• The practical application of the method and guidance, with numerous examples, hints and tips
PRINCE2 offers a wealth of project management knowledge and Best Practice that needs to be tailored to suit each individual and their organisation. The updated manual, training and examination will help tailor PRINCE2 effectively to ensure organisations and professionals get the most out of the method.
PRINCE2 has always been rooted in real life experience. This update can be trusted to provide practical, authoritative, and relevant guidance to anyone managing a project in today’s environment.
Who is PRINCE2® for?
• Existing project managers or professionals wishing to become project managers
• Key personnel involved in project design, development and delivery
• Effective communication - the method is widely recognised and understood, providing a common vocabulary for all those involved in a project
• Explicit recognition of project responsibilities - participants understand each other's roles and needs and there is a defined structure for accountability, delegation, authority and communication
• Compatibility with other qualifications – PRINCE2 provides the technical structure of the framework for the project, which will complement the softer skills learnt on other qualifications
• Adaptable to business and project needs – PRINCE2 is applicable to all types of projects of any size/type/sector and can be tailored to meet organisation or industry-specific requirements.
• It is a best practice, so you select a proven solution
PRINCE2 Certification levels
The PRINCE2® qualification comprises different levels of certification:
PRINCE2® Foundation, 6th edition
PRINCE2® Practitioner, 6th edition
PRINCE2®Foundation, 5th edition
PRINCE2® Practitioner, 5th edition
PRINCE2® Re-registration, 5th edition